Digital Tools & Biodiversity Manuals
The Digital First Aid Kit is a collaborative effort of EFF, Global Voices, Hivos & the Digital Defenders Partnership, Front Line Defenders, Internews, Freedom House, Access, VirtualRoad.org, CIRCL, IWPR, Open Technology Fund and individual security experts who are working in the field of digital security and rapid response.
Security-in-a-box offers step-by-step instructions to help you install and use the most essential digital security software and services. Security-in-a-box also provides tactics and advice on how to use social networking platforms and mobile phones more safely.
Tactical Technology collective made some major updates to a component of Security-in-a-box called the ‘Tactics Guides’, covering topics such as how to keep your mobile secure, creating and maintaining strong passwords, and staying private online. They have also been translated into Russian, Arabic, and Indonesian.
The Updated Tactics Guides;
– Protect your device from malware and phishing attacks https://securityinabox.org/en/
– Protect your information from physical threats https://securityinabox.org/en/
– Create and maintain strong passwords https://securityinabox.org/en/
– Keep your digital communication private https://securityinabox.org/en/
– Remain anonymous and bypass censorship on the Internet https://securityinabox.org/en/
– Use your smartphone as securely as possible https://securityinabox.org/en/
3. Safe Tag
Security Auditing Framework and Evaluation Template for Advocacy Groups. It’s a professional audit Framework that adapts traditional penetration testing and risk assessment methodologies to be relevant to smaller nonprofit organizations based or operating in the developing world.
4. The digital security training syllabus
Digital security for All- Security First http://digitalsecurityforall.org/
Digital tools organizations
Inter News is an international non-profit organization that works to ensure access to trusted, quality information that empowers people to have a voice in their future and to live healthy, secure, and rewarding lives.
Civil Rights Defenders is an independent expert organization founded in Stockholm in 1982 with the aim of defending human rights, in particular people’s civil and political rights. We also support and empower human rights defenders at risk on four continents.
Born in 2009, a Human Rights Technological Organisation working with civil society, freedom of speech and Internet security, formed what today is VirtualRoad.org.
Biodiversity Information Tools and resources
- IUCN Red List https://www.iucnredlist.org/
- Aichi Biodiversity targets / PDF1 and also PDF
- 2011-2020 Strategic Plan for Biodiversity, including Aichi Biodiversity Targets / Pdf1 and Also pdf
- Uganda National Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plans II (2015-2025) pdf
- Fresh Water Biodiversity information for Uganda ( URL)
- UN Biodiversity Lab
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Pangolins Conservation Threats
- Uganda Wildlife bill 2017